At KIPP ENC, we believe that our students deserve a relevant curriculum, rigorous expectations and supportive relationships with caring adults.
Our Guiding Philosophy
We strive to empower our students with life lessons by offering enrichment activities and exposure to people and places beyond their classroom walls. By remaining focused on closing the achievement gap and developing our students’ passions, our children will be empowered to use their unique experiences and diverse perspectives to make our communities stronger. We believe that a high-quality public education for all students is the most powerful weapon we have to fight for a more just world.
Exposure to College
Each year, KIPP ENC students from different grades visit dozens of colleges and universities to experience college life. Recent highlights include:
- 5th Grade: Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 6th Grade: University of North Carolina at Greensboro, North Carolina A&T State University, Southern College Tour
- 7th Grade: Wake Forest University, North Carolina Central University and New York City College Tour
- 8th Grade: Fayetteville State Trip, University of Virginia and Washington, D.C. College Tour
- 9th Grade: Campbell University and North Carolina State
- 10th Grade: East Carolina University and Elon University
- Juniors and Seniors visit the colleges of their choice throughout the year.
Focus on Enrichment
From hiking the Appalachian Trail and seeing “The Lion King” on Broadway, to playing saxophone in the band, KIPP ENC students are exposed to rich and varied experiences that open up new worlds. Just a few of the activities and adventures available to students include:
- Visual Arts
- Summer Camps
- Trips to Museums and Art Galleries
- Study Abroad
- Service Trips
- Community Service
- Volunteer Opportunities